There are only so many hours in the day and production often takes a back seat when the weather is getting warmer. Being more productive at work can be difficult but it is all about managing your time correctly and not spending too much time on certain tasks.
Below are 5 strategies to be more productive at work:
- Take Breaks: It is crucial to allow yourself to take a break once in a while. You will get burned out and tend to be less productive because you have been spending way too much time on certain tasks. The best way to do this is to take a walk up and down the stairs or walk outside for a couple minutes to get some fresh air. This allows you to recharge and maintain a constant productive level throughout the day.
- Calendar Deadlines:Managing your time correctly can be difficult at times because many people will just wait until they finish the task; which some tasks can take longer than others. A great way to make sure you are making your time useful is make calendar deadlines in your Outlook, or any email platform. For example, block off 1 hour of your time to work on “X Project” and then 5 min block on a Break and then another 30 mins on “AB Campaign.” This will give you little deadlines for yourself, so you know you can move on to the next task.
- No more Multitasking: Some think multitasking is more efficient because you can get more done. However, multitasking can backfire, by trying to complete many different tasks, you can make costly mistakes. This will then make you have to go back on the task and fix all of your mistakes you made and then give you more work to do.
- Turn off Notifications: Nothing is more distracting when an email pops up on your computer or a text message/phone call lights up on your phone. Go on your computer and turn off notifications so you can fully focus on your work. Flip your phone around or put it in a place that you have to move to get. This will allow you to give your full, undivided attention to the task at hand.
- Organized Desk: It is always good practice to keep an organized desk and not fill it with clutter. A messy desk can be distracting and keep you from focusing.
For more helpful tips, click here.
One Response to “5 Strategies to be More Productive in the Work Place”
Awesome post. Your tips are definitely on point. It is definitely crucial to take breaks when you are burned out to ensure that your stress does not accumulate. Kudos to you for posting this.